Friday, January 21, 2011

Peppermint Popcorn

Every year during Christmas my friend Lorena makes peppermint popcorn and I just cant get enough of it.  It is so yummy and easy to make I thought Id share it with you. It will be a great Valentine's day treats with a few of my changes.  I hope you still have a few candy canes left over from the holidays because this is a great way to use them up.  I used mine up the first time I had the idea to make this so I just used peppermint sprinkles I had in the pantry.  Check back soon, I will show you how I plan to package them up for Valentine's day.

You will need:
One bag of microwave popcorn (or air pop what ever you prefer)
White chocolate - I used Wilton candy melts - white and red to make pink.
Peppermint candy

Make the popcorn and put it into a large container.  My roasting pan worked great.

Crush up the peppermint candy to small pieces and then pulse them in the blender until its a powder. Set aside

Next, you will need to melt the chocolate in 30 sec. intervals until it is smooth.

Now its time to add the crushed peppermint candy to the melted chocolate.

Then, pour it over the popcorn.

Get ready for the fun part.  At first I tried to use two spoons to mix this up.  Really, the best way is to just wash you hands and dig in with your fingers to mix it all up.  Let it set up for about an hour and package it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment